Summer is here! Which means it’s time to grill!!
Make sure your propane tank is full and you have a fridge full of delicious foods to throw on the grill! But be careful, chefs revealed foods that they believe you should never grill. The chefs say sometimes it’s better to take these items back inside and use your stove or oven.
1. Burgers – This one might be tough to read. Grilling burgers allows the fat to be lost. You are losing flavour and juiciness when you grill your burger.
2. Filet mignon – Lack of fat is why you don’t want to grill this. They are also usually thick, which is difficult to cook them the way you want.
3. Pizza – Pizza on the grill is usually cooked very unevenly. The dough is also usually wet, which makes it difficult to lay it down without burning it.
4. Fish (Including salmon) – The best part of the fish is fatty oils, which render out on a hot grill. Usually leaving it dry and overcooked.
5. Shish Kebab – It’s OK to cook shish kebab on the grill… BUT, don’t put vegetables and meat on the same skewer. You should separate your ingredients so they cook properly to their own timing.
6. Pork Chops – Pork chops should be cooked in a pan. It allows you to save the melted fat and gives the pork chop a crispy finish.