Evening host, Fearless Fred, from brother station, POWER 97 has offered up his famous Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe. Get out the defib.
- 1 kg Thick cut old fashioned bacon
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 bag of macaroni
- 500-750 ml cream cheese
- 5-6 fresh jalapenos
- 1 kg old cheddar cheese
- Soaked apple wood or cherry wood
1. Fry a kilo of thick cut old fashioned bacon.
2. Fry 5 chicken breasts in the bacon grease…like CRISP fry!
3. Boil a FULL bag of macaroni.
4. While the macaroni boils, make a weird mixed drink.
5. Melt about 500 – 750 ml of cream cheese and then mix in the fresh chopped jalapenos.
6. Grate a full kilo of old cheddar cheese. Mix in about 3/4 of it and save the rest to coat the top.
7. Chop the bacon and chicken up into fineness of your heart’s desire.
8. Mix that shiz together in a foil turkey pan
9. Toss the remaining old cheddar cheese on top.
10. Smoke that bad boy over a mix of soaked apple or cherry wood for 2-3 hours around 200 – 225F and voila…you got a heart attack!